Artist/Illustrator Call for Our National Tour
We are looking for artists with strong art and illustration skills; It’s a plus if you can also work digitally. You will be working closely with the Art Director.
If you don’t have a website, a PDF of your portfolio can be accepted or links to your work. Remember to give us your best works showing thematic illustrations and projects you have completed for similar themes.
YOUR ARTWORK May Be Used for the Following Marketing Needs:
• 2012 Tour Poster
• 4×6 Postcards
• Tour Banners
• Other marketing materials or ads
• 03/31/12 – Closing date for submissions
• 04/06/12 – Selection made and artist/Illustrator is contacted. We set up a date to proceed with the project.
• 04/27/12 – Artwork completed
We have come up with our Tour Concept and we will introduce to the Artist, once chosen.
SCOPE OF WORK
This assignment entails creating color artwork that will be used for the above mentioned marketing materials. We have been using our Vision Map, which is our circular Eco-village illustration that showcases the attractions we offer (see below for facebook link to our current artwork). We have been getting good mileage out of our current branding imagery for a few years.We’d like to keep some of that consistent with the new art, but definitely a fresh-new look would be welcomed. Typography (tour name) may be incorporated into artwork, but it may also be designed internally.
Please visit our facebook page and check out the Photos section for current images of the Roadshow setup – banners, tents, infrastructure and the like – this will give you some idea of what we look like currently.
Also, the following link specifically has our banner, sticker and posters from 2008 and 2011, which shows the Vision Map eco-village: CLICK HERE.
MORE ON THEMES WE LIKE
• Old-time carnival – old vintage poster styles of the circus theme – Snake oil medicine show, strong woman, etc – COMBINED – with new psychedelic/futuristic and organic style. Think Alex Grey, Nature Conservation, Eco-Carnival Vintage Circus
• Sustainability – bridging past to future
• Eutopia and Sustainable Energy Systems – Windmills, Water Conservation, Rooftop Gardens, Vertical gardens, bike culture, natural building, etc.
• Unity amongst all people and the planet
• Everything building towards positivity and solutionary practices
Based on experience and application.
Please provide all of the following information. We will not consider any submissions without all of these. Thank you!
- 1) Portfolio as a PDF, website or links to your work
- 2) Cover letter introducing yourself and why you are suited best for this gig
3) Resume with your contact information
4) Contact info: email and phone number
5) References: 2 Clients and 2 personal
6) Email the above to Veronica Ramirez: firstname.lastname@example.org